FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dealing with AGC hiss in post

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harold Batista
Dealing with AGC hiss in post
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:47:33 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have a good solution to suppressing the hiss from the 7D's AGC in post. I'm in a situation where I have footage from a shoot that I couldn't use an external mic with and I'm trying to salvage it.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Lars Wikstrom
Re: Dealing with AGC hiss in post
on Feb 5, 2010 at 2:34:56 am

There are a couple ways to deal with hiss but it depends on a couple factors. Signal to noise ratio and if you have some areas of just hiss, or the noise. Years ago I bought a program for $50 or so bucks called Sound Soap. If you have Final Cut Pro studio you can use sound track pro to achieve the same results with it's noise removal. What you end up doing in both cases if find a second or more of just the his and background that you want removed and it samples that noise. Using that information it filters out the noise from the audio. If you have a lot of noise then your audio left over will sound a little strange.

I have used these programs before with great success as long as I had good noise to sample and my original audio was recoreded well.

I own a 7D and I after looking at using devices that allows me to record the audio to the camera I decided to use a separate capture device. I bought the Zoom H4D I think the model is and it worked great and much lower noise then those device's that allow for internal camera recording.

-Lars

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: Dealing with AGC hiss in post
on Feb 7, 2010 at 8:26:35 pm

The Waves software is indeed very good. I've also used Apple Soundtrack Pro and Adobe Soundbooth to isolate noise (creating a noise print) and then reducing that noise through out the entire file. Does a very good job

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]