FORUMS: list search recent posts

60D vs T2i (my take)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
60D vs T2i (my take)
on Nov 27, 2010 at 8:27:58 pm

I just upgraded to the 60D from the T2i. While I don't want to run down the T2i but if you are planning to buy a DSLR, don't even think about T2i (unless you really cannot come up with the extra $200). The 60D has so many little improvements over the T2i. The 2nd wheels to control the aperture, 1/3 stops on the ISO. camera leveling guide, the LCD is a amazing. Of course the rotating screen if nice. Then there is the manual audio, while there is still limitation since you cannot listen to the audio it is a step in the right directions.

But the feel and the size really takes it much closer to a professional camera. I think the only advantage the 7D has over this is the weather-proofing and I believe HD video out while it records.

I was able to get the camera during a sale so I got it for $900.

As happy as I was with the T2i, I'm 10x happier with the 60D.

Return to posts index

Peter Burger
Re: 60D vs T2i (my take)
on Nov 28, 2010 at 4:52:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience, Michael! Had a discussion recently with a friend exactly about this issue and your post threw a new light on that subject.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on Nov 28, 2010 at 5:39:29 pm

Hi Michael,

Are these the same on the 60D as on the T2i or have they been improved?

* Chip size
* ISO range
* Shutter speeds
* Frame Rates

I am not in a position to buy a new camera right now but I wasn't actually considering the 60D thinking instead of the 7D - the 60D vs 7D would actually be an interesting comparison to make if someone has that experience to comment.

Thanks Michael for your post!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 29, 2010 at 3:35:32 am

Chip, shutter speeds and frame rates are the same in the 7D, 60D and the T2i.

But the 60D shoots the cleaner ISO (160, 320, 480, 640 and so on).

I don't have a 7D but there 60D with the manual audio and the screen make people think it might be the better camera. The 7D weatherproofing maybe a big plus for some. But I was extremely impressed with the build quality of the 60D, getting to the point where it feels like a pro camera. The one feature the 7D has over the 60D is the HDMi out but for me that doesn't make up for the things the 60D has over the 60D.

So for me if I had the money to buy either, I would buy the 60D. In the case of the T2i I bought the T2i because I didn't have the money to buy the 7D.

Also I have the Z-Finder Pro, I use the frames and not the guerilla plate, and it works fine, of course you cannot flip the screen protective position.

Return to posts index

Craig Sawchuk
on Dec 1, 2010 at 10:17:29 pm

Just curious, can you confirm that the HDMI output doesn't work when you're shooting? I was thinking of getting one for an upcoming commercial shoot, but that might be a deal killer if the client can't see what's being shot...

Return to posts index

John Frey
on Dec 2, 2010 at 5:04:10 pm

The Panasonic GH2, which will be available later this month, has a clean HDMI out. Great reviews on this unit - see Philip Bloom's link.

http://philipbloom.net/2010/09/30/my-first-look-at-the-gh2-clean-hdmi-out/

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Tony Connoly
on Dec 3, 2010 at 3:42:36 am

I remember reading that you can't record off of the GH2's HDMI link for some reason.

Return to posts index

Will Eccleston
on Dec 7, 2010 at 6:05:00 pm

The 60D will send video out of the HDMI port while shooting, but at a reduced frame size. Kind of a drag, as it means no Ki Pro or Nanoflash recording. Maybe it could be fixed in a firmware update, who knows? Otherwise I absolutely love this camera. The stills, of course, are remarkable.

Will Eccleston
Kinetiscape Films

Return to posts index

Hans Hoffman
on Dec 2, 2010 at 11:02:20 pm

Does anyone know if any of these DSLRs can be synced to build a 3D rig?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]