FORUMS: list search recent posts

ideal LCD viewfinder for T2i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Lunn
ideal LCD viewfinder for T2i
on Nov 23, 2010 at 8:36:39 pm

I have started working with my new T2i and have discovered that my focus has been off by a few inches in some of my shots, and since I like working with shallow DOF, that makes having a large enough of a LCD viewfinder extremely indispensable.

I'd like to solicit opinions on what is a good and dependable LCD viewfinder that is compatible with the T2i and one that is of course reasonably priced.

I've read that it is strongly advised that one avoid a simple viewfinder that simply magnifies the pixels.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: ideal LCD viewfinder for T2i
on Nov 24, 2010 at 3:28:07 am

[Arthur Lunn] "I've read that it is strongly advised that one avoid a simple viewfinder that simply magnifies the pixels."

I wouldn't say that. I have a zacuto z-finder pro that I think is a super valuable tool. With that said companies like Red Rock and Zactuo are coming out with electronic viewfinders that connect to the HDMI out.

Another option is a small LCD field monitor. Besides a bigger higher resolution screen you get a lot more features such as a range of connectivity, scoping, etc. Marshall, Small HD and others make good options for field monitors.

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: ideal LCD viewfinder for T2i
on Nov 24, 2010 at 4:59:53 am

[Arthur Lunn] "I've read that it is strongly advised that one avoid a simple viewfinder that simply magnifies the pixels."
Don't know where you have read that, a viewfinder is normally on the top of most must have list.

The are some cheaper models that will not let you focus but if you have 20/20 that is not an issue, if you want or need focusing you simple get a model with that ability (with a diopter or spacers).

The other thing for starting focus you have the focus assist with enlarges the image on the lcd 5x or 10x, not available once you are recording but I use it all the time, with that and the viewfinder you can get critical focus fairly easily.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]