FORUMS: list search recent posts

High ISO + Fader ND Causing Reflections?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
High ISO + Fader ND Causing Reflections?
on Nov 21, 2010 at 6:11:28 am

I'm curious if anyone else using a Fader ND or similar has experienced getting ghost images reflected back into the primary lens?

I've noticed it when filming in dark conditions but where there was still strong points of light in the frame. For instance once I got it while filming small Christmas tree lights strung around a tree trunk early in the morning when it was still quite dark. Another time I noticed it on the beach when I pointed my camera lens underneath the pier...you could still see plenty of light shining in from the other side of the pier.

In both cases the ISO was very high - like 6400!

Return to posts index

Matt Carter
Re: High ISO + Fader ND Causing Reflections?
on Mar 11, 2011 at 8:59:31 pm

Hey Steve -

I have this exact problem. I was wondering if you ever found a solution, or if this is just how the Fader ND is. I have a Canon 60D and a 35mm zeiss lens. This is a sample indoors

In addition, I get reflection even when not shooting near windows. For example, shooting parts of my house outdoors. I emailed light craft, but did not get a response. This happens to me across the entire ISO range. I saw your post and was wondering what ever came of your experience. Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]