FORUMS: list search recent posts

Research suggestions?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan loetscher
Research suggestions?
on Nov 10, 2010 at 5:27:28 pm

Hello ladies and gents, simple question... where are the best consolidated places to "study" and research on stuff like DSLR workflows, footage processing, some of the more technical aspects of shooting?

I know this is rather vague, and their may not be a good answer... in fact you might say "right here", but I want to get past this "wait for an issue, search for answers" way of learning. I spend more time searching for info that might not be accurate, than truly learning on a base level. With the help of all you geniuses, I have become amazed at the amount I didn't actually know that I thought I did! I feel guilty in my past arrogance. I've noticed though, when you're at my level... professional, but still working my way through the middle... you start to notice people talking about things that you've never even considered before, and you want to know all about it, but you don't know what to search for! And when its advanced information you're looking for, its not generally posted as much because the people who know about it, know what they're doing!

I'm most interested in getting into the nitty gritty of image quality (converting/transcoding/processing, lens technology and quality, codecs and compression and what affects them), and for video and film in general, not just DSLR... though I am shooting with a 5D, so that's a good start. So how bout it, anyone know where I can "go to school" so to speak?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Research suggestions?
on Nov 10, 2010 at 6:11:47 pm

What city are you located in? There are lots of DSLR workshops around the world- depending on whether you want to focus on cinematography or post. I also happen to have a couple of training courses you can look into such as:

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/dslr-video-on-assignment

and

http://www.callboxlive.com/products/philip-bloom-canon-5d

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:54:18 pm

There are a lot of good workshops out there but also look at the DVD tutorials, don't have to take off work and they are a great value. I don't have Noah's one on DSLR but I have other subjects and they are great.

I would also recommend Robbie C's Richard H's book on the subject, From Still to Motion. Great resource.

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Nov 15, 2010 at 10:16:31 pm

Much appreciated fellas... I'll look into it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]