FORUMS: list search recent posts

H1 Shock Mount

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Brownstein
H1 Shock Mount
on Nov 9, 2010 at 6:37:09 am

Hi All,

I am looking for a shock mount that will fit the H1 audio recorder. I will be mounting it to my 5D mark ii. Anyone know of a good one?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: H1 Shock Mount
on Nov 9, 2010 at 4:26:26 pm

How are you liking the H1? I'm getting mine today. I'll keep on the lookout for a shock mount.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Chad Brownstein
on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:11:52 pm

It works well for me as long as it is mounted correctly. With my monopod I can hear some vibrations when I move around. I definitely would not be able to handhold it. Hence the search for a good shock mount.

Return to posts index

Tony Connoly
on Nov 14, 2010 at 7:41:03 pm

I googled this topic not long ago and found pictures of it mounted a generic looking shock mount. I believe B+H has a video on their website showing it used this way, but when I went there they couldn't help. I wasn't persistent because I was contemplating returning my H1, and I did end up returning it for a couple of reasons, including that the one I had went through batteries like crazy (known defect that affected some of them), and I realized that I do not want a stereo mic. And mostly, I did not want to have to sync in post unless I'm doing a big production with multiple (XLR) mics which the H1 cannot handle. I find that as long as I disable the AGC in my camera, I get good results with an external mic plugged in to the camera. Also, the tripod mount on the H1 is pretty bad. It's plastic (!!!) and my tripod would not go in properly. I did not force it because I knew I was returning it. But it is very light and very portable. I am sure it would make great recordings in the right hands.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]