FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering issue....

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Schroeder
Flickering issue....
on Nov 8, 2010 at 1:42:31 am

Whenever I'm shooting with the Canon 5D and I go from a dark spot to a light spot, the camera is automatically adjusting the image, opening the iris on its own. I've set the mode to Manual and it continues to flicker, especially if I try a zoom shot. I know that I can disconnect the lens from the electronic communication from the camera and that is one work around but why is this occuring in the first place? And what about shutter speeds....no matter what I change the shutter to in video mode, the video does not seem to be affected except to brighten or darken the image. But no visible shutter effects in video mode. Thanks again!! Still learning this camera....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Flickering issue....
on Nov 8, 2010 at 2:29:51 am

Less expensive zoom lenses do not have a fixed F-stop. Thus they will shift F-Stop if you're all the way open and zooming. So you either stop zooming in a shot or get a better lens.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

James Schroeder
Re: Flickering issue....
on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:45:04 am

So, I was shooting with the Cannon 1.8 50mm lens and still having same issues, almost like the aperture is auto-adjusting itself....can a prime lens also produce this flicker effect?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]