FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH1, shooting photo-jpeg, corrupt .mov files

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Lemley
GH1, shooting photo-jpeg, corrupt .mov files
on Oct 27, 2010 at 3:43:20 pm

I shoot with two GH1's. One has given me a problem of every other shoot 1 file of many will corrupt and be an unopenable, unviewable, file. Though, the GH1 still gives me a thumbnail and can be viewed in camera... Is it a problem with my GH1 or the card? Probably the card. Is there anyway to save my .mov file? I've seen related posts on this topic but nothing that actually address WHY it could be happening. Most address how to fix it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: GH1, shooting photo-jpeg, corrupt .mov files
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:18:53 pm

Why do things break? How can anyone answer that question. Anything that powers up can stop working at anytime. Why, cause things happen.

As far as the card vs camera, you have to do test. You have to get another card and use the camera. If there is not problems then it is the card. If there is still problems it is the camera and it needs to be sent in for repairs. Trouble shooting is a process of eliminate, but you have to do everything in an orderly fashion and keep track of what you are doing.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: GH1, shooting photo-jpeg, corrupt .mov files
on Oct 28, 2010 at 1:50:20 pm

Why ask why? This is what your warranty is for- and why you don't buy grey market. Assuming you have warranty still- send it in.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]