FORUMS: list search recent posts

A days work lost? CF card with 0kB .movs

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Karoliussen
A days work lost? CF card with 0kB .movs
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:21:27 am

Hi,

A guy at work came back from a days shot and the CF card was empty...
There where many files listed in Finder - however they where 0kB all of them.
When we take the cf card form the card reader and back into the camera - it doesn't discover any movies.
We know the camera recorded - because he looked at the movies on the camera after he had recorded some of them.
We have a Canon eos 5Dmark 2 and we use 16GB Transcend cards.

Have you any idea how to prevent this form happening again?
Have any of you encountered something like this?
Any recommendations to data recovery programs/procedures?

Thank You.
Best regards
Andreas

Return to posts index

Olanrewaju Olakunle
Re: A days work lost? CF card with 0kB .movs
on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:14:04 pm

The card is the major suspect.Get a better card like sandisk. for recorvery you may check http://www.aeroquartet.com I used them once and they are good especially with xdcam footage.
Good luck

Spirit

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:16:56 pm

I'm really sorry for you it must be very disappointing. My solution stems back to being a stock photographer and having $ invested in a shoot.

I use small capacity cards and change them out regularly during a shoot as I fill them up. I have 4GB and 8GB and lots of them.

My Website

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 20, 2010 at 10:43:28 pm

especially since the cameras cannot record more than 4 gb at a time. Of course more cards mean more things to lose.

You really have to have a DIT on major shoot or any real shoot. You have to be dumping to a computer and checking. Until you have the files on a drive (2 really) you don't have anything.

Tapeless has cost a lot of people a lot of money. I lost $15K because I had an innocent camera setting wrong and the files on the Firestore where unless, I lost 2 comedy shows that I filmed on a cruise ship. Had to pay to reshot the entire thing.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Oct 21, 2010 at 1:37:53 am

[Michael Sacci] "I lost $15K because I had an innocent camera setting wrong and the files on the Firestore where unless, I lost 2 comedy shows that I filmed on a cruise ship. Had to pay to reshot the entire thing."

Oh my God! And you survived it???

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]