FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser G2 settings problem

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris walker
Sennheiser G2 settings problem
on Oct 16, 2010 at 3:08:46 am

I have been using a Sennheiser g2 wireless lavalier for my sound when recording wedding videos, and lately it has had the problem that if I set the transmitter sensitivity to anything higher than the lowest setting of -30, the sound is way too loud and distorted, no matter how low I set the receiver setting. Why is it so loud? Is there some other setting that I could have changed by mistake? It's hard to understand the manual...

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Sennheiser G2 settings problem
on Oct 16, 2010 at 9:57:52 pm

When you are looking at the receiver is the AF signal bouncing all the way to the right? How are you monitoring this.

May want to post this in an audio forum.

Return to posts index

chris walker
Re: Sennheiser G2 settings problem
on Oct 18, 2010 at 2:32:24 am

Hi,
I monitor with a headset and yes, the AF signal is bouncing way over to the right and I get the squealing you get from a mike that is way too hot. Obviously too sensitive at -20, but I wonder what changed because it wasn't before.
Since writing the post I have experimented with different receiver settings and now I see that I can get -20 for the transmitter to not distort, but only by using the lowest receiver settings. I used to find that -20 was a good setting for the transmitter for most situations, but with the receiver set at something like 0 instead of way down at the bottom.
I also noticed the audio forums after I posted and I may try posting over there as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]