FORUMS: list search recent posts

24P 1080P FCP export/burn etc.. tips?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony gomez
24P 1080P FCP export/burn etc.. tips?
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:06:17 am

Just shot a 4 min. HD video on my Canon 7D 24P-- what setting do you use on export of Final Cut 7 and on import in compressor.. and then on export to get ready for build on DVD studio pro..

So I used to shoot DV..
export using current setttings-->import into compressor and used the MPG-dvd2 setting..--> save---> import into DVD studio pro-->.. Create build---> save---> import into Toast-> burn.. and Done..
i know its a lot of steps...but after doing a lot of reading.. that was the best way from what I understand..

thanx in advance

Return to posts index

Errol Lazare
Re: 24P 1080P FCP export/burn etc.. tips?
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:16:52 am

Hey,

Use mpeg stream clips to transcode the footage to for example: proress
In final cut import footage put all your footage on the timeline and then go to export using compressor. In compressor select dvd best quality 90mins (or which ever length your maximum amount of footage is. Hit submit and you will have proper 16:9 SD video for Dvd that can be imported into DVD studio Pro and then burn't

Errol X. Lazare
EXL Films
http://www.exlfilms.com

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:29:44 am

thanx.. for the info.. but I shot in HD using my 7D.. Canon actually makes a plug-in to import the footage into FCP 7.. worked really great..

i used to use your example but with SD footage.. ..doing that give me 72O footage.. am i correct..? also am I correct to say i can burn HD footage on a regular DVD-R? since its under 4 minutes.. Toast has me buing a plug in to do so.. bummer

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 11, 2010 at 8:08:51 pm

[tony gomez] "i used to use your example but with SD footage.. ..doing that give me 72O footage.. am i correct..? "

No...you are not. The BEST QUALITY DVD presets make SD DVDs. No matter what your source footage is.

[tony gomez] " also am I correct to say i can burn HD footage on a regular DVD-R? since its under 4 minutes.. "

Yes...as an HD DVD. But that format lost the format war to BluRay. OH...I think you CAN burn a BluRay under 10 min using regular DVDs. But since there are no presets in Compressor for this...Share from FCP 7 might be the way to go. But I haven't done this.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

kyle bailey
on Dec 28, 2010 at 2:53:04 am

hey whats the name of the canon plugin

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:09:59 am

it's the EOS MOVIE Plugin-E1 for Final Cut Pro Ver1.1

it can be found here.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d#...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]