FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to transcode to initially

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Connoly
What to transcode to initially
on Oct 8, 2010 at 2:04:05 am

The advice given in Still to Motion is that video captured via DSLR should be transcoded into a more workable format, but it did not say what format, specifically for a user of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro).

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
Re: What to transcode to initially
on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:09:23 am

I use Cineform Neoscene to transcode 7D footage, I use a PC so the transcoded file is an .avi using their proprietary codec. If you are on a Mmac Prores would be an option.

My Website

Return to posts index

Tony Connoly
on Oct 8, 2010 at 11:17:59 am

I am on a PC using Premiere Pro CS5; I was hoping not to have to get more software.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 8, 2010 at 2:33:57 pm

We couldn't discuss native editing as it wasn't release when that was written we have subsequently put out updates about that. If PP CS5 just work natively

If Cs4. The us cineform

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Tony Connoly
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:54:25 am

Thanks Richard. When you say you put out updates, can you tell me where to find those updates?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 9, 2010 at 1:16:36 pm

We've done 2 webcats for Adobe. Also my personal blog which is mirrored on my Cow blog. And facebook.com/dslrvideo

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Costas Damianou
on Oct 21, 2010 at 11:27:00 am

Hi

just spotted this thread. I am going to shoot some movie with an EOS 5D Mark II. Is it best to transcode the MPEG-4 files into another format before editing?. If so whats the best software to acomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]