FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidentally Shot 60FPS on the 7D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dirk D. Lopez
Accidentally Shot 60FPS on the 7D
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:39:09 pm

We started off shooting some nice scenery shots at 60FPS so we could slow it down to 30FPS in post for that nice slow-mo effect.

Unfortunately we made a mistake and forgot to change back the frame rate to shoot some talking interviews at 30FPS.

Is there anything I can do in MPEG Streamclip or FCP to "fix" the interviews? I really don't want to reshoot it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ryan Orr
Re: Accidentally Shot 60FPS on the 7D
on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:00:29 pm

Hmmm...well I could only give you a theory. Since you shot the interviews twice the speed you normally would, you could increase the speed by 200% (whichever NLE you are using, you may need to do 50%...weird I know).

The result may produce a slight jitter, as you are essentially removing every other frame, but this is probably better then re-shooting. If you are doing this in after effects, you could select the "Frame Blending" option to try to smooth it out more. It could turn out to look great, or even worse if there is a lot of motion.

Hope this works. What does everyone else say?
Ryan

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:49:49 pm

Open in Compressor or QT Player- reexport as ProRes at your desired frame rate. If it appears slow-mo do it in FCP. And then resync the audio.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Dirk D. Lopez
on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:34:32 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Oct 8, 2010 at 2:37:16 pm

AE much better

Just droP clips into a composition

Turn on frame blending

Set comps to 29.97

Render out files

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]