FORUMS: list search recent posts

recording audio separate vs manual control audio in 60d?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omar Itani
recording audio separate vs manual control audio in 60d?
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:25:52 am

i am looking into buying the 60d but i am not sure if i should buy a shotgun mic to connect to the camera or an external mic. Does anyone know if the 60d has a headphone jack so i can listen to my audio during playback on a shoot? also what disadvantages are there in using the manual control levels in the 60d rather than recording audio separate?
also, is syncing separate audio to video really that much of a pain? because i heard that there was some plugin that you can get for FCP that automatically syncs it for you. if there really is such a plugin, then why all the fuss about syncing separate audio?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: recording audio separate vs manual control audio in 60d?
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:30:09 am

[Omar Itani] "headphone jack"

no it does not, which is the other half of the problem with DSLR audio.

syncing audio is super fast especially if you are able to record a clap or anything that produces a spike. If you have a ton of clips there is software that will sync them for you (dualeyes). For a few clips you can normally sync them faster yourself.

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
Re: recording audio separate vs manual control audio in 60d?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 3:35:14 am

Do you have any recommendations for external audio? i dont really know what to get. i am going to need something that records individual voices (i am going to be doing short films), like a shotgun mic.
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]