FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a 60D body only?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Simpson
Buying a 60D body only?
on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:40:41 pm

I was looking at the T2i until the the 60D was announced. I'm on a very tight budget but I think I can spring for the $1,100 60D body, but the $1,400 body+lens is more than I can spend. I plan on doing most of my shooting with older Nikon lenses but I'd like to have at least one lens with autofocus (and preferably zoom).

I found a Canon 18-55mm lens (the one that comes with the T2i kit) used for $50. I know it's not a great lens, but would it be worth buying?

Or would I be better off putting the $50 towards a canon 50mm prime, or some other lens?

20" intel iMac, 2.66 GHz, 4GB ram
View my reel - http://www.youtube.com/patrickdsimpson

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Buying a 60D body only?
on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:49:02 pm

For causal stills in auto it is fine. Almost impossible to manual focus. taking your hand off the ring will move focus every time. So if you want an autofocus lens for this purpose go for it.

I haven't seen the body only for sale anywhere, just saw the kit at Best Buy. I plan to sell my T2i and get this camera. Probably cost me and addition $300 if I through in some extras with my T2i, so if anyone want an okay deal on a T2i I will be selling it soon!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]