FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon FCP plugin WARNING!

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Canon FCP plugin WARNING!
on Aug 30, 2010 at 5:39:09 pm

Hey gang

Just a heads up warning - i downloaded the latest version of this tool for a &D project for broadcast - all file structures kept in original order and format etc - nothing messed with at all and it ended up only bringing in pieces of some clips while others worked fine - weird right?!

Its great that we can get timecode now and all but if its not functioning properly than what does that matter...

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Canon FCP plugin WARNING!
on Aug 30, 2010 at 9:57:49 pm

Do not use the computer for any other purpose whilst the import is taking place, that includes looking at the files already transferred.

I had this same problem with all the excitement of wanting to see the results of my first camera tests. Leaving everything alone whilst the transfer completed solved the issue.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Michael Freyder
Re: Canon FCP plugin WARNING!
on Oct 1, 2010 at 12:12:13 am

I've also recently had issues with importing using the Canon plugin, both on imports of over 200 clips and less than 10 clips. We've made it a rule moving forward to audit the imported clips duration against the original source clips prior to ejecting the card directory.

Not ideal, but it only takes a couple minutes even on large imports. Of course, you could always use an alternative method of converting to ProRes (Compressor or 5DtoRGB app), but the plugin's other features keep me coming back to it every time.

--
Mike Freyder //

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]