FORUMS: list search recent posts

Books for 7D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Simms
Books for 7D
on Aug 29, 2010 at 11:08:02 pm

I know this question must have been answered in previous post but I did a search and couldn't find any.

So, are there any books that can help me with shooting video with the 7D?
I am a cinematographer used to digital video cameras but have decided to shoot with a 7D for an upcoming short I am making. I will be renting a 7D so I won't have a lot of time to learn, but I used one once before and it is unparalleled for the low-light conditions I will be shooting in.

PS...thank you guys for all your hard work....I have learned as much from the Creative Cow Forums as any where else and it's offered for free so I wanted to let you guys know how much your work is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eros Salvatore

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Books for 7D
on Aug 30, 2010 at 1:41:30 am

Phillip Bloom's Canon 7D DVD is available as a digital download.

http://www.learndslrvideostore.com/collections/frontpage/products/learn-2-s...

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Aug 30, 2010 at 6:54:55 am

From Still to Motion

Nicole Young also has a generic 7d book (not video specific) also from Peachpit

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Richard van den Boogaard
on Aug 30, 2010 at 7:21:24 am

Hi Eros,

"Shoot Great Video on Canon 7D" by Philip Bloom is an excellent resource! I highly recommend it as it will teach how to set and control the camera.

You might also consider taking the CreativeLive class from Vincent Laforet. Although not specifically for the 7D, it offers a great overview of DSLR cinematography and all the tools you can use to enhance your shoots.

If you like the low light performance of the 7D, you'll love the image of the 5D mark II and will be amazed by the low light performance of the 1D mark IV. Perhaps you should try those out as well (if you can rent them). Most important thing, however, is to get great glass in front of it - makes all the difference!

Richard van den Boogaard
cameraman / editor / video marketing consultant

Branded Channels
W: http://www.brandedchannels.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:25:30 pm

Also in addition to training there are a few key pieces of gear that will make a huge difference in the quality of video you can achieve with the 7D. For example the Zacuto Z-Finder easily doubles your accuracy in monitoring and getting focus. And then a good matte box opens up your creative options in terms of filtering- like ND filters to control depth of field effectively in sunlight and bright lighting situations, etc.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]