FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D brightness shift

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory Abel
Canon 7D brightness shift
on Aug 29, 2010 at 5:00:19 pm

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

I've just gotten a 7D and have been shooting with it for about 4 weeks now. I've been shooting entirely in manual and recently I've noticed that the brightness level shifts if I reframe. So if I pan from one area to another area that is brighter the brightness level will slowly shift higher or if I move to a darker area the brightness level will slowly shift downward. Despite this clearly visible change the camera says that none of my settings have changed. What could e causing this?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Canon 7D brightness shift
on Aug 29, 2010 at 7:52:00 pm

I think I read recently that this might be caused by automatic white balancing.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Richard van den Boogaard
on Aug 30, 2010 at 7:23:10 am

Yup, I can confirm that. To solve this, consider getting an ExpoDisc to do manual white balancing (or take a picture of pure white with the dominant light source on it to set it).

Richard van den Boogaard
cameraman / editor / video marketing consultant

Branded Channels
W: http://www.brandedchannels.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38:59 pm

Check to see if your ISO is set to auto. This would try to keep exposure balanced from one exposure to the another but f-stop and shutter speed is the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]