FORUMS: list search recent posts

29.97 & 25

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iris Wakulenko
29.97 & 25
on Aug 29, 2010 at 3:12:45 pm

HI there -
I started a project early on in the year before firmware was released for Canon 5D. I've had three different camerapeople with 3 different cameras (2 x 5Ds and a 7D) on it and now have NTSC and PAL files. What problems am I going to have in the edit and how can I fix it in FCP7? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: 29.97 & 25
on Aug 29, 2010 at 3:54:50 pm

Convert footage with Ae with frame blending or compressor so all frame rates match

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Iris Wakulenko
on Aug 29, 2010 at 6:04:56 pm

HI Richard - Thanks for your reply. I'd really appreciate some more detail on how to do it in Compressor... (What's AE?). Thanks, Iris

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 29, 2010 at 7:55:42 pm

AE is Adobe After Effects. The Compressor workflow has been extensively discussed. Search and you'll find your answers. The key to high-quality encodes in Compressor is using Frame Controls. But, not only will it greatly increase quality, it will also greatly increase encode times.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:08:54 am

Motion does a decent job when re-timing too, but you need to activate Flow Motion.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Neil Weaver
on Aug 30, 2010 at 8:42:23 am

One of Britain's biggest post-production facilities uses the freeware Mpeg Streamclip for all its compression these days simply because it does a far better and quicker job than Apple's Compressor.

Using Motion or AE could take you days or even weeks depending on your system and how much footage you have.

One tool you could try is Apple's Cinema Tools - you can batch convert entire folders from and to any frame rate you require although it doesn't offer any resizing controls. It's also destructive in that it doesn't create new files, it irreversibly encodes the original clips to your new chosen frame rate so if you don't like the outcome, you've no way of going back. The way round it, as always, is to back up first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]