FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D Footage Stretched

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Lao
Canon 7D Footage Stretched
on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:41:14 am

Hey everybody,

I've been having a ton of trouble recently switching over from Sony Vegas to Final Cut Pro. It seems that everytime I try to render any of my images/videos they all come out stretched in any format that's 16:9 when my images/video native resolution should already be at 16:9.

This happened with my stop motion animation (shot on Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI) with images, native resolution at 3888 × 2592

Now it's happening to my footage with the Canon 7D (1920 x 1080 [24fps] & 1280 x 720 [slow motion]). It's like Final Cut Pro is squeezing what's already 16:9 into their 16:9 resolution.
This is quite frustrating.

Oh and another problem that I have is that after I render the video why does the text still come out soft like it's still SD?

Oscar Lao

Return to posts index

Nels Chick
Re: Canon 7D Footage Stretched
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:13:13 pm

Check your sequence settings to make sure you are editing at the appropriate resolution and pixel aspect ratio.

inconveniencethemovie.com

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner Brownlee
Re: Canon 7D Footage Stretched
on Jan 29, 2010 at 6:08:09 am

Also check the clip settings in the bin (or using Item Properties). Make sure that the pixel aspect ratio is set to Square and that the Anamorphic flag is off.

With regards to you text, this could be the Sequence Settings like Nels mentioned, and related to that, your codec choice. What codec is your sequence set to render to?

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
& Mocha training for AE & FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]