FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D3s

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Curran
Nikon D3s
on Jan 28, 2010 at 12:29:58 pm

Hi there I am asking anyone who owns and is using the D3s if they have any issues with the video stuttering? I have issues with this and although I am using Scandisk Extreme Pro CF cards they are still there. So I would like to see any footage of say more than 20 seconds that has no stutter to to show me that its not a real problem and it's just my camera. I have seen official Nikon footage and that also seems to have stutter which is incredible seeing as it shouldn't have anything at all like that.

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
Re: Nikon D3s
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:44:51 pm

Lower your shutter speed to 1/50 sec, let me know if that fixes it. I have no problem with my D3s.

Return to posts index

Lee Curran
on Jan 28, 2010 at 8:56:40 pm

Thanks for that I will give it a go and see if that cures the issue.

Return to posts index

Lee Curran
on Jan 28, 2010 at 9:40:36 pm

Unfortunately that doesn't cure the issue, I have just had a London company look at the files and they are in agreement that there is a data rate issue with the card or the camera which means either the 4 cards I have ( Extreme Pro Scandisk) are either at fault or that the camera is at fault. I have yet to see any footage from a D3s that doesn't have this issue so again if anyone has some footage that doesn't stutter I would lobe to see it.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:08:03 pm

Use UDMA rated cards

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Lee Curran
on Jan 29, 2010 at 8:27:41 am

Hi there Scandisk Extreme pro are UDMA and it's the cards that Nikon use for development. If you have a look here at this link you will see the issue.

http://www.vimeo.com/8978429

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:52:03 am

I made this one within the first 10 minutes of receiving it.
CLICK HERE

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:54:05 am

Sorry try this:
http://www.vimeo.com/7900267

Return to posts index

Rick Neibel
on Mar 5, 2012 at 6:24:38 pm

Lee,

Am wondering if you ever resolved or clarified the D3s stutter issue (which my dept is just now encountering).

Thanks for any info you can provide.

RN

Return to posts index

Lee Curran
on Mar 5, 2012 at 7:58:36 pm

Hi

yes there were two issues, one was the card used as you do need the fasted card you can get and I use 90/mb sec Lexar pro, anything slower and the card cannot keep up. The second (and this was the major issue) was the firmware update, this sorted it out totally and not had an issue since. This update was the first update after the release of the camera and not sure what that was, but if you navigate to the Nikon website and make sure you download the latest one this will be fine.

I hope this helps as it bugged the hell out of me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]