FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic Mic Adapter with 7D?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Sonnenfeld
Panasonic Mic Adapter with 7D?
on Aug 6, 2010 at 8:50:34 pm

Hi there! I'm not sure if this is a completely silly question or not, but I recently purchased a 7D and I'm planning on buying a solution to run XLR audio into the camera. I realized that I have a Panasonic AG-MYA30G XLR adapter that I use on my old DVC30. As far as I know it draws power from the accessory shoe, and connects audio through the 8 pin hirose connector. I'm wondering if it is at all possible to use the panasonic xlr adapter on the 7D. Is there an adapter or a breakaway cable that will convert the 8 pin to the mic jack?

Thanks again!

Adam

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Panasonic Mic Adapter with 7D?
on Aug 7, 2010 at 4:20:18 pm

I'm not sure what you are asking but yes you can use XLR to miniplug adapters with your 7D

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
Re: Panasonic Mic Adapter with 7D?
on Aug 8, 2010 at 10:51:45 pm

That's a neat little adapter you've got, but I'm pretty certain it will only work with Panasonics. That fancy 8-pin jack appears to be Panasonic-specific and I think adapting 8-pin proprietary connections to a 1/8" stereo jack would be incredibly involved, if not impossible.

You need an adapter such as the Beachtek or Juicedlink XLR adapters, though you'll still have the camera's automatic gain control to deal with. Otherwise, get a separate recorder such as the Zoom H4n for great quality dual-system sound, which is what I do for my Canon T2i.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]