FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Big Question

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Cadieux
The Big Question
on Aug 5, 2010 at 6:12:01 pm

Hello.

Maybe this question has been posted before, maybe it hasn't. The question is obvious. When are these companies going to simply rewrap the video imaging technology of these DSLR cameras into a more traditional video camera? Why is this not happening? Why can't Canon release a video camera that uses the same imaging technology as a DSLR, but with the traditional ergonomics of a video camera (i.e. powerzoom, large LCD, on-board sound etc . . .)?

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: The Big Question
on Aug 5, 2010 at 7:38:40 pm

where have you been, Panasonic is release one before the end of the year, Sony is release a lower end one also. These big companies don't turn on a dime, I would be at NAB 2011 there will but a bunch of high-end to consumer level Video camera with the big sensors.

[Aaron Cadieux] "(i.e. powerzoom,"
But that is going in the opposite direction of a film style camera, we like DSLR because they look less like video, which needs to be shoot less like video, #1 thing that screams "THIS IS VIDEO" power zooms!

But the new panny gives you xlr inputs, viewfinder and LCD screen and most importantly HD SDI out. So you can bypass the compression. But when you get up to this level you are looking at a 6K camera, and really 10K but the time it is outfitted but this should really be an awesome camera.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:31:56 pm

Sorry Michael. I only come out from living under my rock once in a while to ask stupid questions on the cow. Also, though a "powerzoom" may be below your standards, some of us find it useful for run-and-gun situations.

I'll make sure to to come out from my hiding spot more often to check on the status of the Panasonic camera.

Return to posts index

Andrew McKee
on Aug 5, 2010 at 8:55:55 pm

I don't think big sensor imagers are ever going to be compatible with run and gun shooting. These DSLR's (and anything else with a big chip) only give good results if you put the time in to block, light and frame shots right. Run&Gun and Filmic are leagues apart. I dont think you will every have both, no matter what the technology.

Andy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:39:32 am

never said a powered zoom was below my standards, these cameras are built around a film mindset, a film production, which means prime and short range zooms. The lenses are as important as the chip, a power zoom lens for a 3/4" camera is huge and cost thousands of dollars. 35mm film lens with powerful zooms are mega bucks.

I would make a joke about your tone but I don't think you would find it funny, lighten up don't get so defensive.

Return to posts index

Aaron Cadieux
on Aug 6, 2010 at 2:06:40 pm

Michael,

No hard feelings. I just found it odd for someone to start a post with "Where have you been?".

Best,

Aaron

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Aug 6, 2010 at 6:18:51 pm

Should have put a smiley face :-).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]