FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D Clips truncated on import

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hertz
7D Clips truncated on import
on Jul 14, 2010 at 3:15:57 pm

I'm experiencing, based on a quick Google search, what sounds like a common problem. When I import 7D clips using the EOS plug-in in Final Cut Pro some of my clips get truncated. A 3 minute clip on the card might only bring in the first 90 seconds. It's seems pretty random and the lengths vary.

Can anyone using Magic Bullet Grinder confirm if this is not an issue with that software? I'm happy to spend the $49 if it saves me hours of time each month comparing clips side-by-side to confirm if everything imported properly.

Thanks,

Don Hertz
AC Media

Don Hertz
Fusion Media Works

Return to posts index

Brandon Adams
Re: 7D Clips truncated on import
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:03:17 pm

Sounds like you don't need confirmation - but I've experienced the same problem in Final Cut. Very frustrating - especially when I try to re-import and get the same problem again.

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Don Hertz
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:27:27 pm

Yes. Luckily I've always backed up my cards to another hard drive prior to importing but I wonder how many poor editors out there are sitting down for an edit and finding a critical clip missing. I've spoken with the Magic Bullet wizards and am preparing to try their import plug in. For $49 its not exactly going to break the bank if we're not entirely happy with it.

Don

Don Hertz
Fusion Media Works

Return to posts index

Brandon Adams
on Jul 14, 2010 at 5:32:34 pm

Well I'd love to hear your results if you don't mind posting in this thread later

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Don Hertz
on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:59:00 pm

Brandon - I've done some testing between Grinder, EOS Plug-In, and Compressor and will post the results shortly in a new thread.

Don

Don Hertz
Fusion Media Works

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:18:07 am

If a person doesn't make a backup of the card before importing the footage into any editing system, they are NOT a pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]