FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video glitches

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan loetscher
Video glitches
on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:13:04 pm

Couldn't seem to find a relative post... so lets see if you can help me out. Have the 5D, was shooting on the 24-105L IS USM, and I had little video glitches (like dropped frames) and then the video would just drop out and stop recording.

Checked the speed of the card.. its as fast as you can get. Was only a minute or two in on some of the takes when it happened. Happened a handful of times. When the video dropped out there was a "buffer" type icon on the right of the viewer (Shame on me, I have not looked this up in the manuel yet, just had some extra time to post at work). Anyone run into this?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Video glitches
on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:36:28 pm

What card are we talking exactly? Brand/Speed. It sounds like the card isn't fast enough...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Jul 13, 2010 at 10:46:16 am

I have the 7D and am starting to get this buffer signal and the camera stops filming. I have found out through observation that if I do not keep clearing my cards and reformatting them I get this fault. If I format them immediately I get this signal they work fine.

I have Kingston pro x133 16GB and I'm used to leaving files on the card until it's full. I find if the card is half to two thirds full when I start a new project I can get this buffer signal almost immediately, if I format the card to discard the existing files that have been saved, the card works fine.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:27:36 pm

also heat can have its effect but in general a good fast and regularly formatted card shouldn't drop frames or glitch.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Jul 16, 2010 at 12:05:03 am

Sorry that took a bit, been sick... so it is a Delkin 16GB CompactFlash PRO. Not seeing the speed on there (of course I dont have the packaging any more)... but a canon rep picked it out for me... I just asked him to give me the best one for video at a decent price. He seemed to think it was great for video.

The card wasn't nearly full when it was happening, as I remember it happened fairly early on. I'll just have to keep checking it I guess.

Return to posts index

ryan loetscher
on Jul 16, 2010 at 7:05:36 pm

I tried shooting with a fresh memory card today and it worked fine... I didn't think it was that full, guess it was. Don't I feel sheepish.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]