FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Pluraleyes

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eva Zahar
Problems with Pluraleyes
on Jul 9, 2010 at 5:20:30 am

Hi everyone,

I've been using pluraleyes for the past week for all my interviews. Multi cams and separate audio and it worked for all except for my one last i/v. When it is done pluraleyes-ing, only some video clips are on the pluraleyes-ed sequence - no audio whatsoever. Which is strange since I haven't changed anything in fcp or pluraleyes. Have anyone encountered this problem before? if yes, please do help me out. I was supposed to get everything done yesterday. If this is not fixed today, I am so dead. Do really hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roy Schneider
Re: Problems with Pluraleyes
on Jul 9, 2010 at 2:39:29 pm

Hi Eva:
Had the same problem

Roy Schneider
Long Live Da Cow!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:16:51 pm

Are you really "dead" if this isn't fixed? Most of us had to do this *manually* before Pluraleyes ever existed... Perhaps you can roll up the sleeves and suffer through it a bit? :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Eva Zahar
on Jul 11, 2010 at 4:55:41 am

yeah that's what i did.
i synched them up manually, and then i tried pluraleyes-ing them again. it worked. apparently, what happened was the separate audio track was too low for the software to detect hence unable to pluraleyes the i/v seq. ah well....

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jul 12, 2010 at 3:45:35 pm

If you were using the beta version of 1.2 and the option for Single sequence output, we have had another report of this and are looking into it. Seems to be a bug but we haven't determined what triggers it yet.

Bruce
Singular Software

Return to posts index

Eva Zahar
on Jul 13, 2010 at 2:47:46 am

Ah thanks so much Bruce. It's a splendid software but at times, it doesn't synch up perfectly. For my project, when the interview's too long, the clips synched are out of synch. Like a frame or two off. Do keep us updated ya. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:46:47 am

The sync is off by one or two frames? At the beginning and the end of the clip and all the way through? So you can slip it by one or two frames and it's perfect? I'd like to see that. It is more likely that the clock in recording devices is not quite accurate and over the length of the interview, it shows up as sync drift.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Eva Zahar
on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:24:37 am

You mean, the master clip itself is out of sync or the recording device on pluraleyes? Or did u mean, the recording device on fcp?

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:33:13 am

>You mean, the master clip itself is out of sync or the recording device on pluraleyes?
>Or did u mean, the recording device on fcp?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I was trying to distinguish between two possible problems, when you say that long clips are out of sync: (1) the clip is out of sync consistently by a couple of frames over its whole duration, or (2) it is in sync in the middle (for example) but out by a couple of frames at the ends?

The causes would be very different for those two situations.

Bruce
--
Bruce Sharpe
Singular Software Inc.
http://www.singularsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Jul 26, 2010 at 3:57:57 pm

Although all the articles I have been reading in various magazines and online have been praising Pluraleyes for what it can do, I have found it to be a pain in the neck. It was syncing the wrong stuff up! It was taking video and syncing it with audio that didn't match. It took some of my footage and through some 10 minutes down the timeline for no stupid reason! I was furious! LOL! I was in constant contact with their customer service and I never really got it to work. Now that I don't have any pressing projects to work on, I may play around with it some more and try to figure it out again!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Richard van den Boogaard
on Jul 27, 2010 at 2:25:00 am

I had a similar experience, although I had to wait for the beta version of PluralEyes for PPro since I don't use FCP.

However, even with the beta I found the whole procedure a pain since you had to export an XML from PPro, import in Plural Eyes, let it run and then re-export & re-import. Anyway, it seemed to take forever and I gave up quickly and started staring at those waveforms again to sync them up manually. Whenever you're stressed with a project that you need lots of audio synced up with, you don't want to go through such hassle.

Apparently, Adobe has audio synchronisation on their to-do list (according to Jason Levine), so I guess I'll wait for that.

Unless someone on this forum can convince me otherwise and then I'll give PluralEyes another go.

Richard van den Boogaard
cameraman / editor / video marketing consultant

Branded Channels
W: http://www.brandedchannels.com

Return to posts index

Steve Marshall
Pluraleyes does not work any more
on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:15:18 pm

Pluraleyes worked great for me for months. Then in the last month. It just doesn't line up properly anymore.

I have small clips edited from a Canon 5D in FCP for an interview. Then after I cut the interview I usually pluraleyes the B roll camera full lenth version with the clips. Usually each cut clip lines up perfectly on the exact right spot on the B roll then I cut them and put back together.

Now Pluraleyes puts all the clips and the B roll on a green tab (which usually means everything lines up and is processed) but they are close but don't line up. all of them are you different amounts each time. Usually 2 to 5 seconds.

I have to open to the beginning to see the old fashion clap to calculate how far out the clips are. Once I find that out I move all Pluraleyes clips that much and it works.

I've had to go back to the old fashioned way to get my work done. If this has happened to anyone else it would be great to hear if you had a cure.

Can't be sure but it seems it started to mess up after a Pluraleyes update.

Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

Jason McCammon
Re: Pluraleyes does not work any more
on Dec 8, 2010 at 5:01:39 pm

Plural Eyes works great sometimes, and not others. Currently, I've spend two days trying to analyze a sequence. I just stopped it just check what was going on, but it's been running for 14 hours and only at 60%.

Another time it was running for about 12 hours and my aunt switched of the light switch that controls the outlet(uurgh!) But still, 12 hours is too long isn't it? So is 14, for 60%.

Monday i ran a multi clip over night and woke up with an error 37. Anyone know what that is?

Other problems are with FCP when it transfers files. You have to make sure that your files are linked or sometimes Pluraleyes will sync up the sound but the video will be all over the place. But i'll deal with that if i can just get it to run for me now. I'm wasting so much time on this. Anyone know why it's taking so long?????

Return to posts index

bob uruncle
Re: Pluraleyes does not work any more
on Mar 3, 2011 at 10:47:40 pm

I have an issue on this related topic.

Pluraleyes seems to do what it wants in organizing takes on the timline. I.e. I am recording an interview with multiple takes, have one camera with bad audio and using external sound. I have laid takes 1-6 on the time line followed by laying sound files 1-6 in the same order.

Make pluraleyes do its thing using the "Try hard" function and while it does sync up everything nicely...the resulting order of takes falls differently than how I laid it. Thus takes 1-6 end up 2,4,5,3,1,6 creating a serious headache to reorganize them when I have 17 interviews. Is there a way to have Pluraleyes keep the takes in the order they have been laid in the timeline? Using the "timecode" function is not an option here.

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]