FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D green horizontal lines in low light

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
toby Heslop
5D green horizontal lines in low light
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:11:23 am

When I shoot Video with my 5D in a low light situation and the imageis under exposed only because I have not set the corect settings, my camera displays 3-4 thick green horizontal lines across the LCD!

To Spot a working situation:
I am shooting outdoors on full manuel mode. I start to walk indoors and once through the door in a lower light situation the lines start to appear. Not once did I change any settings.

I this a problem with my camera or do you all find the camera operates this way?

Love to hear other user thoughts!

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: 5D green horizontal lines in low light
on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:51:46 am

Use auto settings, say 1/50 sec and let it choose own aperture as well as ASA or ISO. never had this problem in 12 months operation on any shoot in New Zealand, Egypt, Tibet or China for travel, low light or fashion or art display ?Green lines are an example of tape problems on HD camcorders not H264 mov files in 1920 x 1080 pixels out of the 5D mark II

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Daniel Buttery
on Jul 2, 2010 at 6:38:08 pm

Sorry to sound vague, but I believe when I was doing some reading up on 7D firmware the other day they released a new fw version for that model that fixed something similar. May be worth checking out the readme files for fw releases on the 7D?

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Jul 4, 2010 at 3:50:35 am

I get an occasional vertical silver line in my 5D footage.

Turns out to be a setup problem -- light stand placement.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:17:25 pm

[Danny Grizzle] "I get an occasional vertical silver line in my 5D footage.

Turns out to be a setup problem -- light stand placement."

Must be some kind of problem with the basic technology of video - I've had that with all sorts of video cameras. Wait, I've had it with film cameras too.

Return to posts index

Eddie Hanz
on Sep 21, 2010 at 2:57:06 am

I've done few tests. And I think it appears when you select shutter speed faster than 1/100, in fluorescent light.

If the light is normal bulb light, there are no green lines whatsoever.

The annoying thing is that the 5DII exhibits this behaviour whereas my 550D has none of of this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]