FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannon 7d user Needs lighting Tips for Horror scene

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john pyatt
Cannon 7d user Needs lighting Tips for Horror scene
on Jan 16, 2010 at 1:07:46 am

I'm shooting a micro short film, "4pgs" its a ghost story it takes place at night.
I own two cameras a DVX 100A suited out with a Letus Extreme I'll be using a 50mm Lens @ 1.8 f-stop and a Lensbaby @ 2. f-stop. the second camera i own is a Canon 7D. I'm struggling with the conversion of it in to my editing software, which is Vegas Pro 9 converted by MPEG STREAMCLIP "NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT STILL STUTTERS ALONG WHEN I CONVERT IT INTO AVI" so I'll be shooting it on my trusted DVX 100A.

this is my lighting kit: All LOWEL

2 OMNI Lights / 500
2 DP Lights / 1000 K
2 PRO Lights / 250 watt
1 TOTA Light / 500
1 Extra Large Photo Flex Multi-Dome / 1 k
4 Flags - Solid Black 18x24,
Double Net 18x24,
White Silk 1/4 Stop 18x24,
White 4x4 Silk 1/4 Stop
2 C-STANDS
1 Super Clamp with Standard Stud
3 Clamp Studs
2 Super Clamp Grip Head

THE LOCATION:
Its a room with two windows that has shades and curtains on them
i'll be placing one end table Lamp "Practical" at 100watt bulb there
the ghost comes to pay the person a visit which later the ghost kills

SO THATS THE SCENE
NOW THE QUESTION:

I want to paint the room in a way where I have enough light to show the subjects but at the same time the whole room is not washed out by light.
I'm not geeked out so if you answer please keep it simple lol
I find that the 7D lets to much light in maybe its just me since I still don't know how to use it fully I'm still trying to learn how to use the ISO {is the ISO like the IRIS on the DVX 100A} and with the Letus and 50mm, I find it hard to build a scene with pools of light which looks great to the eye but comes out to dark on the DVX 100A and since now I'm using the Letus adapter my whole approach to lighting has changed cause of all the stops of light I'm losing.

Please help?
I'm lost on what to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]