FORUMS: list search recent posts

indisystem products anyone?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony gomez
indisystem products anyone?
on Jun 23, 2010 at 1:21:52 am

anyone used these products? I'd love to order an entire package from them.. but no response to my emails.. The prices are amazing....but I wanted advice to make a correct choice for my needs..

This is I was thinking..

indiRAILSpro XV smâ„¢ $270
indiFOCUSpro $300
indiMATTEpro $400
maxiMOUNT (handle mount) $50

total of $1020.00 for an entire package..

please chime in.

http://indisystem.com/products

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: indisystem products anyone?
on Jun 23, 2010 at 2:37:01 am

have not read too many good things about the focus, everyone seems to push the DFocus in that price range. I looked at their stuff at NAB and was more impressed with the pricing then the product, the shoulder mount felt pretty good, lacked some adjustments you get with the really high-end stuff but it is a 1/5th of the price.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:28:12 am

I've got some gear from them.

The 'carbon' rods on the rails system is a joke.
It saves no weight at all, as the rest of the metal is HEAVY.

Stuff is half decent, but indeed dirt cheap.
Focus system (although nice with the magnets) has a fair amount of play.
Not a problem for most cases, but certainly not the best of the best.

Tim (i suspect the company is a one man operation) indeed does not respond to e-mails very well.
After my order i had to wait a couple of weeks, mailed him a few times but no answer. After about 3 phone calls (with voicemail that wasnt returned) he picked up, told me my stuff was ready to ship, and indeed it arrived here a couple of days later.

You get what you pay for.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:38:07 pm

A lot of these guys are one-two man shops. I emailed DFocus guy and got a reply the next morning. It is a touch business to be in so we should be a little patient with them. I would love to get all Zacuto stuff but man is it hard to pay $200 for a handle or a weight.

In the end DSLR cameras cost about the same as any enter level pro video camera. $5K.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 23, 2010 at 5:10:11 pm

I have their snap gears. They are a really nice idea and the quality is good. It works great with my Zacuto focus. Haven't tried their other stuff... but had no problems getting the delivery...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:33:57 pm

Thanx all for the posts.zacuto stuff is just wow. So exensive.. As far ar the stuff I looked at. I was going to to order. But I think my second choice will be the jag35.com stuff. Bit pricey also but oh well..ill probably just get the cage with the hand rails for now. Thanx again to all

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:09:38 pm

We have 2 complete indi systems with follow focus, matte box etc. Paid about a grand each - similar Zacuto rig would have been over 5 grand! While I agree indi stuff is heavy and not in the same class as Zacuto or Red Rock - the rigs served us very well on our feature.

We are selling both rigs for half price if anyone is interested. Not selling because we don't like them - just part of the budget was to buy and sell off everything including two 7D's and L series lenses (gone already).

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:47:10 pm

five grand? I have the Cross-fire which is a pretty involved rig and with the follow focus, it's between $2-2,500... even with the matte box, it's no where near $5K...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:33:36 am

Yes the similar rig as stated is over 5 grand from Zacuto - what am I making this stuff up?

Look at the Double barrel with the matte box! This would be similar to the IndiPro rigs we have - NOT talking quality here! Just amount of gear, handles, shoulder mount etc and price!

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 25, 2010 at 5:16:17 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Yes the similar rig as stated is over 5 grand from Zacuto - what am I making this stuff up? "

Since you want to get testy about it, I'll play.

First, there is NOTHING that indiSystems makes that is remotely comparable to Zacuto, so this is a meaningless statement. Much like comparing a Bugatti Veyron to a Camaro... useless comparison.

I realize you have something to sell, so you need to pump up the Zacuto outfit, but I'm telling you that $2,500 will buy something way better than any indiSystems choice, so why don't we all just be honest.

Under the truth in lending part of our program, I own a lot of Zacuto, and if I read your message correctly, you don't, so we should probably throw that in the mix too...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 25, 2010 at 5:52:55 pm

Maybe you need to change your production name to Incite since you insist on fighting every time you post. I never said anything bad or untruthful about Zacuto. Their products are fantastic. I only stated that a similar amount of equipment from Zacuto would cost 5 TIMES as much as Indi and that;s the truth. I never said Indi was of the same stature or quality as Zacuto. I like the Zacuto stuff a lot - I may never buy any of it because Red Rock Micro for instance makes rigs that better suit me at the same quality as Zacuto for HALF the price.

We have 2 rigs from Indi that we used on a feature film and they served us well. Would we rather have had Zacuto rigs - YES! I am not here to sell my rigs - I don't care if they sell or not.

After seeing your website I think you may better serve yourself and your clients by using your cash to improve your shooting, lighting and editing skills instead of blowing it all on overpriced gear.

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 25, 2010 at 5:59:24 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Maybe you need to change your production name to Incite since you insist on fighting every time you post.

After seeing your website I think you may better serve yourself and your clients by using your cash to improve your shooting, lighting and editing skills instead of blowing it all on overpriced gear. "

I'm the one inciting... interesting take...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:51:37 am

lance..you have pics.. of one of those kits.. please tony@rexmediaworks.com I'd really like a system.. I've been thinking of that Jag35.. but then I still would need the focus.. and the matte box...... and Zacuto.. just out of the question. period.. can't afford it now.. thanx....

Return to posts index

Christopher Berrios
on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:33:55 pm

I am interested in purchasing an indisystems ultra compact rig with follow focus and matte box. Lance, did you already sell your half priced kit, or is it still available?

Return to posts index

aaron shadwell
on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:08:52 am

I would assume that you have sold the indisystems stuff by now yes?

Aaron

thanks for reading!!!
check out my rock band

shadwellmusic.com

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:35:02 am

I was actually the buyer ..not the seller

Return to posts index

Dale Doebert
on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:49:02 pm

Hey Aaron,

Are you looking to buy? I may be upgrading and then will not have the need for two systems.

Lemme know.

Dale Doebert
dale@tiltmedia.com
Video and Event Producer
Tilt Media Inc.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:44:16 pm

You might want to check with Jag35 to see if they've re-designed the cage yet. It wouldn't work with the re-designed Zacuto Z-finder Pro, which is kind of the standard in the industry...

Mitch Ives

Return to posts index

Dale Doebert
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:58:23 pm

I just purchased the IndiRailPro and Follow focus. I had no problem at all contacting Tim. Matter of fact he called me and we talked through certain aspects of the rig and it was very helpful.

If you have a limited budget you can get a lot of gear from Tim that will help your productions.

Dale Doebert
dale@tiltmedia.com
Video and Event Producer
Tilt Media Inc.

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Jun 24, 2010 at 7:29:35 pm

Lance + dale. Good to see u got ur stuff and ur happy. I simply did |ot get a response so I was not sure on ordering.Lance. U have pics of that gear? Please. Tony@rexmediaworks. com. Thanx

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Jun 25, 2010 at 10:32:35 pm

Wow. Really wild the turns that this simple thread took. Thanx to all

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 25, 2010 at 11:06:49 pm

Sorry about that Tony and to all.

Lance Bachelder
Southern California

Return to posts index

Brandon Morris
on Jul 16, 2010 at 8:46:48 pm

I got the ultracompact for my T2i.
It took for ever to get in the mail.
No one ever answered my emails or called back.
When I did get a hold of them on the phone he was very helpful and made sure I got my rig in the next few days.
For the cost the rig is nice, of course or M2 is going to be better, it's grossly overpriced.
I still need to get a follow focus, I'm either going with D-Focus or indisystem, prob indisystem.

Brandon Morris
http://www.brandonmorris.com

Canon T2i
13" Macbook Pro (Mid 09) 8GB RAM 10.6

Purchase My Stock Footage:
http://www.pond5.com/artist/brandonmorris
http://www.revostock.com/ViewProfile.html?&ID=53988

Return to posts index

tony gomez
on Jul 17, 2010 at 7:20:41 pm

Still have not figured out why no email returns.. but.. I ended up buying a indiRAILSpro DSLRsm .. matte box,, gears (not the snap but still good), indi focus pro and some other stuff that Im still trying to figure out where the HELL they go.. Hmm....
all for $500 from Lance.. .. Cant compare wit Zacuto, Jag35 etc.. but it is a bit heavy.. but for $500 should not really complain....

Im thinking about ordering the maxi mount handle... but.. Hmm..

Return to posts index

Jim Morlino
on Aug 15, 2010 at 4:18:00 am

Tony, et al,
I just bought the whole enchilada from Tim, and my only frustration is the absolute lack of printed support materials. I'm an total newbie to the HDSLR world, having shot DV and HDV for the 10 years. I've never used a ff or rails, or matte box before. I just spoke to Tim two days ago, and he says he's putting together a video tutorial, but in the meantime...does anyone else here own the DSLRsm package: indiFOCUSpro, indiMATTEpro w/sides flags, indiRAILSpro DSLRsm, and whip & crank? Can anyone help me put all this stuff together? I understand the general layout, but I just don't want to break anything. - Jim

Return to posts index

Jose Glindo
on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:57:51 pm

Your right it is a one man manufaturer at Indi System(also called studio 4 productions in Waterloo,Ia). For that reason the products really SUCK and quality is poor, and customer service is also poor,and there is no marketing. Yesss very cheap in many ways. Paint chips off, functionality is limited and the man behind the company(tim ovel) is a prick if you contradict anything the man says he will blow a fuse i swear. All around this company sucks and is not advancing in anyway. Due to the dictator type management he is a one man show. Two words for this company and it's owner ANGER MANAGEMENT. All this is from personal experience trying be employed by Indi System now fired TWICE.
Thanks for your time
Jose

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]