FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting and edditing canon 7d video file

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amir Vscas
converting and edditing canon 7d video file
on Jun 10, 2010 at 4:17:40 am

Hey All

I'm sure you get tons of questions like this every week and im sorry that i have to make another topic and ask for help but im really confused. I have few clips i shot on my camera (24fps) (canon 7d) and i want to upload them on my computer and edit them. I have no idea which software to use for converting and what software to use for editing.

i see all these clips on youtube and wonder how they are done. The quality in these are amazing. Can you guys send me a link or something that explains how i should do this?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out here. I'm getting to a point, that im even willing to pay for someone to explain this to me!! :D

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
Re: converting and edditing canon 7d video file
on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:33:10 pm

You don't say if your a Mac or Windows user. I'm a windows user, a bit in the minority here.

I write a blog on the 7D for video production, one of my topics was a workflow for the 7D and can be applied to other cameras, I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for:

http://normanpogson.blogspot.com/2010/01/canon-7d-5d-mkll-workflow-for-stoc...

Then youtube videos are exported in that format, depending on what software you have, there might be pre sets for this.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Amir Vscas
on Jun 10, 2010 at 2:48:57 pm

thanks for the reply..yes im a windows user..what program do you use for converting and editing?

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on Jun 10, 2010 at 5:28:01 pm

I use Cineform Neoscene to convert camera files http://www.videoguys.com/Item/CineForm+Neo+Scene+PC/54E4543435F454E4.aspx

and Sony Vegas to edit the converted files.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Amir Vscas
on Jun 10, 2010 at 5:50:22 pm

thanks norman..what format do you convert the files into with neo?

and after your done editing what format do you save as?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Norman Pogson
on Jun 10, 2010 at 8:01:32 pm

Neoscene is a self contained program with no choices for codecs, they have written their own codec for conversion. It takes a 7D, T2i or 5D2 file and converts it from an 8 bit 4.2.0 .mov file into a 10bit 4.2.2 .avi file.

Once converted I import the .avi file, which is a great file for windows based computers into Sony Vegas. I export as full HD as a Quicktime .mov file keeping it as a progressive file using photojpeg at 92% quality.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

Oudin Melanie
on Nov 26, 2010 at 8:42:14 am

There is Canon 7D fans group in Filckr and you will get the right solution for your problem.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/canoneos7dfans/discuss/72157623154439364/#comm...

Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]