FORUMS: list search recent posts

T2i and Z-Finder Pro

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
T2i and Z-Finder Pro
on May 31, 2010 at 9:54:59 pm

End of last week I got my first real accessory in, the Z-Finder. Which I love as long as I don't think about the price. But I don't have the best eyes and without help the camera is useless to me especially outdoors.

Build quality is so much better than others that I have looked at. I do need the diopter and the anti-fog, if it works, is a must for me. I did get the 2.5x, which I'm glad I did. I wear glasses and seems like I have a more comfortable field of view with this magnification.

The one area thing that had to change is the new gorilla plate and frame that now comes with it. It is not convenient for us T2i users. The plate that attaches to the bottom of the camera covers the battery door and it is not an easy on and off. You have to unscrew it (with a screwdriver, a dime might fit) so to change out the battery you are looking at a couple of minutes at least. I have ordered the stick on frames and going to use that instead. These gorilla plates are really expensive so it would be nice if Zacuto sold the Z-Finder without them and took off say $100 (plate and frame are about $120! if bought separately).

The other thing that will be addressed is the frame will block the sensor that turns off the display when you bring it to your eye (for shooting stills) I think can modify the replace frame (I got 2 so I have one to mess up on).

Bottom line, this thing makes all the difference in the world. Focus is a lot faster and easier plus the fact that it anchors the camera to your eye makes it steadier. Extremely well made, just wish it was a lot less then 1/2 the price of the camera and lens.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: T2i and Z-Finder Pro
on Jun 1, 2010 at 12:43:28 am

Yup- it's one of those things that are so critical once you have it installed you wonder what on earth the engineers were thinking in not including it with the original camera body...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]