FORUMS: list search recent posts

stabilzer for D7

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony gomez
stabilzer for D7
on May 28, 2010 at 3:00:51 am

Im shocked no one has even touched the subject.. here is my dilema.. had a glidecam 4000pro--(the arm breaker). sold on ebay for $250.00..Selling my XL1 for about $700.. sad.. not many buyers..and sellling a bunch other so i can get the 7D.. I still have my Flycam 6000 from india.. Half the price of a Glidecam smooth shooter..Eventhough it looks iike overkill.I figuered Ican still use it.. since.. I can mount batteriers, my LCD and that Juiced Link Audio Solution along with that H4N Audio Recorder..

this sounds like ti work just fine ..right? or am i missing something?

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: stabilzer for D7
on May 28, 2010 at 4:09:13 am

Tony,

We just got back from Tibet & China using a hand held 5D Mark II only with Canon Stabilized lens for 4-5 second clips, you may need a tripod for longer. The 1920 x 1080 HD mov files looked sensational as well as the images with exposure spot on. You could of course stabilise in Premiere Pro >>>>>> Good luck with the 7D.

We try to keep things very simple ...................

You could try using a Canon HV20/30/40 for the not so important stuff, great stabilization etc and at 1440 x 1080 into Premiere Pro , but, actually shot at 1920 x 1080 very impressive little tape unit.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: stabilzer for D7
on May 30, 2010 at 4:33:58 pm

Thought I would chime in a bit - depends on what you're shooting. I find DSLRs need not only stabilization, but added weight in the form of 1.25# or 2.5# gym weights attached to a stabilizer. The T2i we're using weighs in under 2# with the included lens whereas most other cameras we've used are around 2.5-5#. When attached to a stabilizer, it's way too bottom heavy and the rig sways like a boat. Adding weight to the top AND bottom seems to help. If you're using rails and such, too, make sure to weigh it all out first.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]