FORUMS: list search recent posts

T2i operation noise

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hinkel
T2i operation noise
on May 23, 2010 at 11:09:43 pm

Is there any truth to the Canon T2i being a very noisy. I am about to purchase a camera for outdoor photography, but am concerned of noisey issues I have read about.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: T2i operation noise
on May 23, 2010 at 11:53:14 pm

All SLR cameras are noisy, they have a mirror that slams up every time you snap a picture. Really high end models sometimes have a Mirror Lockup feature to combat this. The is a little noise from the focusing gear but once again you will fill that with most cameras. Getting USM will combat this as well as good manual focus.

Go to Best Buy and try the T2i, 7D and the Nikons see (hear) if you can tell the difference.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 23, 2010 at 11:57:45 pm

Video noise or audio noise?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on May 24, 2010 at 12:40:45 am

Go to Best Buy and try the T2i, 7D and the Nikons see (hear) if you can tell the difference.

Thanks, Michael
Best Buy carries these cams???

Game spooking noise, Noah.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 24, 2010 at 2:29:57 am

You bet...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 24, 2010 at 8:05:00 am

Yeap and there is a $50 rebate on the Kit with lens, personally I wish they sold it without that lens, But shot point and shoot mindless stills it is fine. But I just purchase 3 Nikon E series lenses on eBay, hopefully they are not all crapped up inside. It is a gamble but if 2 or the 3 for good glass I will be a happy man.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on May 25, 2010 at 12:57:26 am

No one has a T2i to check out around here. Guess I'll just have to get what I wanted in the first place. The 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 25, 2010 at 1:50:05 am

Like I said all cameras make a sound, there is a mirror that is slammed up in a spilt second, you can hear that, no difference on the 7D. Most digital cameras are a lot quieter than film camera of yesteryear. Unless you lock up the mirror there will be noise, normally only top of the line cameras can do that.

The T2i and the 7D have the same sensor, so you get a heavier and more durable body with the 7D but the images will be the same.

One area that the build will come into play, the 7D would handle weather better. Pro cameras have seals that give some protection from the elements that consumer cameras do not.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on May 25, 2010 at 8:28:09 am

Thanks Michael, The weather resistance will be a plus. There are a few more features with the 7D that does not come on the T2i. Seems like a whole lot more money, but what are you going to do. I have been dazed and confused on this thing for a while. I wish I knew what Canon was coming out with next. Might be worth the wait.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 25, 2010 at 9:03:07 am

[Mike Hinkel] " I wish I knew what Canon was coming out with next. Might be worth the wait." If you need a camera now, get one. There is always going to be something better down the line, always. DSLR video game is so new and we are just seeing the start, it will mature very quickly, that is why I went low end, image quality is the same as the 7D so I can do what I need to do now, practice and get comfortable with this type of production, then if next we see better codecs, canon is putting in 4:2:2 mp4 into their camcorders hopefully we will see it in there DSLR some day.

The things is you cannot go wrong with either camera. If you need that little extra the 7D offers then it is worth the extra money. For me I'm will be putting the money I saved into a loupe, Follow Focus and lenses.

Bottom line, get a camera and start shoot and don't look back!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]