FORUMS: list search recent posts

Olympus Zukio lens on a T2i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Frey
Olympus Zukio lens on a T2i
on May 22, 2010 at 6:56:48 pm

I have been shooting stills for the last 3 years on a couple of Olympus 4/3 based DSLRs using their standard Olympus Zukio 14-45mm and 40-150mm lens. I found a possible source for an adapting ring to Canon cameras, but I assume there would be a major crop factor. Is anyone familiar with these lenses and can project the outcome if it can be adapted to a Canont t2i for video use?

John D. Frey
25 Year owner/operator of two California-based production studios.

Digital West Video Productions of San Luis Obispo and Inland Images of Lake Elsinore

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Olympus Zukio lens on a T2i
on May 22, 2010 at 8:08:50 pm

Not positive but I'd have to guess with a 4/3 lens on the 7D's mount you'd not get full coverage of the sensor. That means you'd have a vignette around the edges of the frame and you'd have to crop it out or scale up the footage- both of which essentially mean a loss of resolution. That said- and with all respect to Olympus- Canon's optics rock and would easily do everything you're used to and a whole lot more.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]