FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Cannot play black movie" warning on 7D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul nevison
"Cannot play black movie" warning on 7D
on May 21, 2010 at 1:49:39 am

Hi there

had my 7D for about 3 weeks and just today i have had an issue where the camera is shooting video fine but when going to playback mode the lcd shows a small thumbnail of the clip and says "cannot playback movie".

I thought it might be the CF card but it has now repeated the behaviour across 2 different cards.

when i pull the files off the CF card they are there but can't be imported into fcp or opened up in the finder or in quicktime player.

the camera has the latest 1.2.1 firmware.

anyone else had this issue or can think of a fix?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: "Cannot play black movie" warning on 7D
on May 21, 2010 at 2:24:50 am

Check this thread:

http://dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?p=1972196

Looks like it could be a hardware issue.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on May 21, 2010 at 12:12:02 pm

If it won't play back in the camera there is something wrong with the file. did you format the card in the camera?
If the camera can't write to the card it's either a bad card or the camera is hosed. If the camera can format the card or zero it out then the ability to write to the card is known. If it will write a still image then that is known. If it will now write a movie it can play back then that is known. if it won't write a movie the camera can play back, but can format and write a still image there might be an issue with the speed of the card.

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

paul nevison
on May 21, 2010 at 12:51:17 pm

Hey Doug

the cards I'm using are Sandisk extreme 60mb/s UDMA...so quite fast and not cheap.

The issue seems intermittent...I've formatted all 3 cards in the camera and had the corrupted files occur on 2 of the cards.

I'm wondering if reinstalling the firmware would have any effect?

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on May 21, 2010 at 1:52:40 pm

Careful! If the card connector has an issue you could brick your camera! Better get it serviced.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]