FORUMS: list search recent posts

panasonic dmc g2

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Pignon
panasonic dmc g2
on May 19, 2010 at 6:52:17 pm

What do you guys think, will the panasonic dmc g2 rival the canon Rebel T2i ?

I like the fact that it can swivel the viewfinder?
720p is good enough for me and easier to handle while editing.
decisions, decisions....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: panasonic dmc g2
on May 19, 2010 at 7:21:40 pm

I like the G2 a lot but it's not quite in the same class as the T2i. Number one- sensor is quite a bit smaller, number two- 720p vs. 1080p and at a higher amount of compression finally your lens choices are far less with the Panasonic. Other than those concerns and taken strictly on its own terms, a nice DSLR-esque video camera.

Noaho

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Steve Pignon
on May 19, 2010 at 11:54:08 pm

wow, i just looked at the footage i shot with the t2i (took memory card to the store).
Looks like it was shot with a 10000 dollar camera. Only downside, and it is major, is the handling. The way i'm used to shoot video at low angles is just very cumbersome. I need a swivel lcd. The way it is now it is only usable in a very controlled setting (indie film..) but hand-held documentary style b-roll will kill my back just trying to focus. What a bummer!
I hope the g2 comes somewhat close to the quality of the t2i.

but again WOW! to the image quality for under 1000 dollars.
this is as exciting as the desktop revolution when i started out in motion graphics! possibilities are endless.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 19, 2010 at 11:59:58 pm

Yeah you can't shoot just anything with the camera out of the box. But add a good Zacuto or Redrock Micro DSLR kit to a T2i and you'll have a much more versatile shooting rig. It basically rocks...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Steve Pignon
on May 20, 2010 at 1:19:04 am

I just looked at some footage of the g2 (from http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DMCG2/DMCG2VIDEO.HTM)
and it just does not compare, quality looks like a prosumer HDV.

Return to posts index

Norman Pogson
on May 20, 2010 at 10:18:21 pm

Load the Canon software that comes with the T2i into your laptop and connect the camera with the supplied usb cord and swivel away.

My Canon 7D Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]