FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR Video Production Kit Recommendations with Pricing

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
DSLR Video Production Kit Recommendations with Pricing
on May 15, 2010 at 8:04:41 pm

Here's a link to a series of posts I've written providing gear recommendations for HD DSLR production kits at three different levels:

Intro: http://bit.ly/aaFQQp
Basic Kit Recommendations: http://bit.ly/becPat
Advanced Kit Recommendations: http://bit.ly/aoe5LI
Pro Kit Recommendations: http://bit.ly/bOApXq

I hope you find it useful.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DSLR Video Production Kit Recommendations with Pricing
on May 15, 2010 at 10:00:10 pm

Interesting- though if you're going to go to the trouble of writing those up I'd suggest you start enrolling in link affiliate programs with B&H, Amazon, Zacuto etc- don't leave money on the table.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on May 16, 2010 at 2:16:44 pm

Hi Noah,

It occurred to me (and believe me I could use the money) but I didn't want anyone thinking that I had a monetary motive for recommending certain gear over another.

Thanks for your comment however!

Steve

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 16, 2010 at 6:14:04 pm

Nobody thinks that because all those products are purchasable in a store. That you recommend one over the other is irrelevant as you'd be getting an affiliate fee one way or the other.

Don't throw that dough away- how else are you going to earn a few nickels for taking the time to write up your blogs. Value your own time.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

James Leaburn
on May 16, 2010 at 7:28:14 pm

Personally It would bother me if the link to products could be seen as biased. Even the suggestion of bias would put me off. I've nothing against folk making a few bucks but you can never look totally unbiased with that cheque in the post.

If in doubt scream and shout.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 16, 2010 at 8:53:33 pm

Good luck finding things on the internet completely free of bias. I thought that was the point...

Noah

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
on May 16, 2010 at 9:00:15 pm

Yeah, I didn't want someone to even have the slightest thought about why I was recommending a more expensive solution over a cheaper one which could be called into question if I have a profit motive.

You're right too, there's always some bias when offering what are essentially opinions. And if you have affiliate links on your site, don't interpret my stance as in any way criticizing your choice on the matter!

By the way, I just now posted a blog entry dealing with tripods and heads for video. I know a lot of people are entering this whole DSLR video area from the photography side of things and there's a lot to pick up.

http://bit.ly/cXl7hZ

(again, no affiliate links)

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 17, 2010 at 5:01:59 pm

I liked the articles and the site as a whole, I'm with Noah, try to monazite it. If you build a reputation as been helpful that is all the matters. In this world trying to do something that doesn't piss anybody off is hopeless. Just to right, be honest and if you can make a buck while helping people everyone wins.

Look at Philip Bloom's site he is making money on it but I don't care, I want to know what he has to say about things. That is not to say I'm going to buy a real expensive piece of gear over a much cheaper piece, if I think the cheaper piece will get the job done. But he would be able to sway me, if there are two things that I'm thinking about and he like one better. He maybe getting money to like one more but that is okay with me. (and I don't think this is the actual case, I just using it as a hypothetical situation). I think his rep is so good that he wouldn't represent something that was outright bad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]