FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D Footage - Corrupt frames?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcow
Miles Dahl
5D Footage - Corrupt frames?
on Dec 30, 2009 at 8:18:32 pm

I'm currently editing a wedding video that was shot partially with the Canon 5D. I'm in the process of transcoding the h264 footage into XDCam HD 1080p30 to edit alongside the XDCam footage I have in Final Cut. Most of the videos work fine. However, there are several that are consistently freezing on the same frame. I've tried using Compressor, Final Cut, and Quicktime, all with the same results. The transcoding freezes at the same spot each time. In Quicktime and Final Cut I can play back the videos fine, except when it reaches the one frame the program crashes.

Any ideas? I've been successful cutting out the corrupt frames and transcoding the remainder, but I'd like to avoid this as I have multicamera and audio sync to worry about. Are corrupt frames a common problem with the 5D?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: 5D Footage - Corrupt frames?
on Dec 31, 2009 at 3:44:50 am

Try MPEG Streamclip and see what happens

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Joe Trimmer
Re: 5D Footage - Corrupt frames?
on Jan 9, 2010 at 12:02:46 am

Hey,

I've been using the Canon 5D Mark II for a few weeks now and I haven't had a problem with any drop frames. I've been loading them into FCP as .MOV files and have changed it from H264 to ProRes 422/HQ and haven't had any problems with it.

In your case I do not know. I'm going to guess it's because of your conversion to the other camera's native settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]