FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's a good B camera for the Canon 5D iii ? (for video production purposes)

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren Marshall
What's a good B camera for the Canon 5D iii ? (for video production purposes)
on Jun 25, 2017 at 11:41:12 pm

I'm a bit late to the party, having just purchased my first Canon 5D iii. It will be used primarily for shooting video content like: short films, advertisements, branded long-form content (long ads basically), web and social content etc. I already own a Canon 700D and would love your opinion on whether I should keep it as a B camera or replace it with something else. Do you think a second camera (for capturing different angles) needs to have a full frame image sensor like the 5D? Is it essential? Will the differing image quality between the two cameras standout too much? Any thoughts, experience or ideas you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Warren

W.Marshall

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: What's a good B camera for the Canon 5D iii ? (for video production purposes)
on Jun 26, 2017 at 2:57:22 pm

[Warren Marshall] "o you think a second camera (for capturing different angles) needs to have a full frame image sensor like the 5D? Is it essential?"

I don't think it is essential at all. Can you tell the difference in DOF? What differences do you see between the two when they are filming together?

Return to posts index

Warren Marshall
Re: What's a good B camera for the Canon 5D iii ? (for video production purposes)
on Jun 27, 2017 at 9:17:03 am

Thanks for commenting, Garry. I guess the main difference is the image quality and the cropped frame on the 700D. Maybe i notice it too much because I know it's there. I'm conducting tests to do some more comparisons.

W.Marshall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]