FORUMS: list search recent posts

Horizontal lines flickering, stuttering, juttering, banding artifacts distortion in DSLR Canon T6i?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pamela Kay
Horizontal lines flickering, stuttering, juttering, banding artifacts distortion in DSLR Canon T6i?
on May 8, 2017 at 6:08:28 pm

I am frustrated with my camera lol!

Canon T6i

I'm a newbie and I'm slowly figuring things out. I have a problem and I've searched everywhere. There are LINES going across sections of my video when there is either movement of the subject (me) or panning. I've heard several terms -- juttering, stuttering, flickering, banding -- not sure exactly what this would be called as I've heard other people show examples of this and people blame different issues. I've tried everything I read in the forums and nothing has worked.

I see it when I play my videos in raw format in both Windows Media player, QT and the viewing window in Sony Vegas. BUT when I click on individual frames or pause the video, the issues aren't on individual frames. Only when it's played as a movie.

Since the problem could be payback or my video card, I made a pic in photoshop that represents what I am seeing (THIS IS A RECREATION IN PHOTOSHOP AND NOT FROM THE VIDEO):

It's horizontal rows that appear here and there in the video where there is the most motion.

I've played with:
Frame Rate going up to 24,30,60
ISO (thinking it's like "banding" caused by low iso)
shutter speed (both following the 180 rule and going slower)
turning off "image stabilization"
turning off AF and using manual
every rendering scenario I could think of (but it's in the raw)
Two different SD cards -- both rated "10" -- 45 MBS and 85MBS Scandisk brand

One of my videos that has this:

I see this in many other videos on youtube, so is this just life with a DSLR? Maybe I should make sure I am not too close to the camera to have less motion? Are other people not seeing this and it's just me? (maybe computer or video card.)

Stumped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]