FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video goes to pure white sometimes with Canon EOS80D

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Riley
Video goes to pure white sometimes with Canon EOS80D
on Apr 29, 2017 at 7:24:07 pm

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on with my Canon EOS 80D with video? I have the Tamron SP 24-70 f/2.8 Di VC USD Model A007E lens. The issue does not happen with my Canon 70-200L lens. I tried a long 10 minute video with the Canon lens, and it never happened. I have had the camera a while, but hadn't recorded video on it before. Now I wish I'd tried this in the 30 day return period!

The video flashes completely white, then I see the image rather dark, and over half a second it brightens up and goes back to normal. This can happen several times in one minute. It happens in video mode on the camera LCD, and I'm not even recording. Or when recording video also.

Here's a YouTube video of the issue

The video is only a couple seconds long, but includes a flash. The original video this happened about 20 seconds after I started it.

Thanks for any advice. The camera is nearing the one year mark, and if it is that, I'd sure want to get it sent in now. Since it only happens with the Tamron lens, I guess it is the lens, but I just don't understand what the lens could do to cause this. Taking pictures with the lens is fine. When a "flash" occurs, the camera makes no noise at all, but I can sure see it happen on the LCD screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]