FORUMS: list search recent posts

Micing up for dance videos

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Rivera
Micing up for dance videos
on Jan 3, 2017 at 10:53:13 am

Currently recording dance videos with a cheap Sony stereo lav and my smartphone and have a bunch of rubbing noise (hair maybe) even when I wear it externally. I am looking to upgrade my setup with an H5 and a RodeLink Filmaker kit but am worried that I will still get the rubbing noise in the dialog. Would a boom set up work better even though I will be moving around and spinning and changing directions?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Micing up for dance videos
on Jan 4, 2017 at 8:13:22 pm
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Jan 4, 2017 at 8:13:49 pm

Do you mean that you're wearing the mic and dancing? A little more info would be helpful.

If that's what you're doing, then a headset mic may be the best solution for you, in combination with that wireless RodeLink. You'll probably pick up some breathing noise, but it'll be better than a bunch of fabric noise, or losing sound because of a stationary shotgun mike.

I'd suggest testing a couple at a local music store, like Guitar Center, or something. That's a tough one to buy online.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Micing up for dance videos
on Jan 6, 2017 at 4:34:20 pm

[Al Rivera] "Currently recording dance videos with a cheap Sony stereo lav and my smartphone "

...and do yourself a favor -- get an app for that phone that forces it to shoot a FIXED FRAME RATE. Not a variable frame rate.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]