FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can firmware fix bad video quaity

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Barbarasch
Can firmware fix bad video quaity
on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:45:02 pm

I am looking to buy my first real video camera and liked the looks of the Olympus em5 ii, especially the sensor stabilization. Unfortunately when I looked at some sample videos, they looked pretty crappy. Is it possible that a firmware update or a hack of some sort could improve the video quality of this otherwise amazing camera? My second choice is the Panasonic g7, which shoots amazing video, but is not stabilized. If anyone knows of any other cameras that might be good let me know.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Can firmware fix bad video quaity
on Oct 8, 2016 at 3:08:14 am

The Olympus EM5 Mark II came out over a year and a half ago. The video quality it produces will remain the same at this point.

Return to posts index

Simon Barbarasch
on Oct 8, 2016 at 4:45:45 am

Ya but I'm asking about software not hardware. Haven't u heard about the gh2?

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Oct 10, 2016 at 2:21:20 pm

[Simon Barbarasch] "Ya but I'm asking about software not hardware. Haven't u heard about the gh2?"

I know exactly about what you are asking, and no, what happened with the GH2 is not going to happen with the EM5.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Oct 24, 2016 at 2:50:49 pm

I think what Gary is referring to is that Panasonic has taken a much more agressive stance on upgrading via firmware. If you want to support a company that does that, buy a Panny GH4 or some such camera. I've moved from Canon to Panny for that reason, among others. While I have given up a bit of low light capability, my video is better with it. And I really like the work that they have done to support their cameras. Canon should do the same thing. Olympus does not seem like they care about that.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]