FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching color on Sony A7sii and Canon T2i

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Barone
Matching color on Sony A7sii and Canon T2i
on Jun 29, 2016 at 9:22:42 pm

Hey,
I hope someone can lend some knowledge on this one. A buddy and I have to collect video shots around town for a project but we have different cameras.
I have a SonyA7sii and he has a Canon T2i. Is there a good way to match the color between the two out of camera or at least get it close so I can grade after?
I know there is different color science.
Is there a picture profile I should use on the Sony to match him or should we load a picture profile on his T2i?
He usually shoots with the T2i with these Neutral settings

Sharpness: 0
Contrast: -4
Saturation: -2
Color Tone: 0

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Matching color on Sony A7sii and Canon T2i
on Jul 1, 2016 at 3:10:52 pm

I wonder if both of you used a 3rd party picture profile like Cinestyle, Marvel etc - but of course you still have two different sensor but it may get you in the ballpark, try it out and let us know. Failing that, just set up a small test with the two cameras shooting the same scene from the same place at the same time and fiddle around with the settings until you get something close, probably I'd go for the neutral settings on both cameras as a starting point, but I'm just thinking out loud here!

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Matching color on Sony A7sii and Canon T2i
on Jul 1, 2016 at 4:54:47 pm

I agree with Steve here. No picture profile is going to be as good as sitting down with the two cameras for an hour and shooting a color chip. A lot of people think that there's a software solution to this kind of thing, when the reality is that a skilled operator is the solution to almost everything!

I would probably base your setup on the t2i's image, since it is the less-capable of the two. You should be able to grade the A7sII footage to look like the t2i, but you will NEVER get the t2i to measure up to the A7sII's picture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]