FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which DSLR For Low Light Video That Is Cheaper Than a7s ???

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Stefan
Which DSLR For Low Light Video That Is Cheaper Than a7s ???
on Jun 22, 2016 at 4:06:35 am

Are there any really good DSLRs (or even camcorders) that are cheaper than a Sony a7s that are very good in low light (approximately ISO 1600 to ISO 6400)?

(for reference, a sony a7s (original version) is $2,200 and then you have to spend more for a quality lens).

My major concern is low light performance, dynamic range at ISO 1600 to 6400, and of course, price.

I would be delivering 1080p 30 fps video for Vimeo / youtube.

I am not concerned with autofocus speed because I will manual focus or focus pull (I shoot large, stationary objects).

I will mostly be editing short clips of 3 to 8 seconds in length together.

About 20 to 30% of the shots will be handheld walking (need to get a stabilizer), the rest will be SLOW panning or slides.

I would like the ability to shoot at 1080p @ 60fps if possible, and 1080p @ 120fps would be icing on the cake.

4k would be nice... but it isn't an absolute necessity.

I will not be able to bring along any video lighting. I will be shooting the interiors of houses and there will be limited setup time and limited budget.

I am less concerned about the quality of stills. However, if it does take great stills in addition to great video, that would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. If sony lenses weren't so freaking expensive I might have got an a7s or a7s ii

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Which DSLR For Low Light Video That Is Cheaper Than a7s ???
on Jun 23, 2016 at 5:10:50 pm

I, too, would like to have my cake and eat it too.

Just rent an A7s if your budget doesn't support buying it. There is no camera out there that does all the things you want for cheap money. So either rent it and save money that way, or raise some and get the camera you need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]