FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice to get better

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Dufosset
Need advice to get better
on Jun 20, 2016 at 1:26:31 pm

Hello,
I'm from Belgium and I'm new on this forum. I love making videos with my DSLR but I'd like to have some advices to improve myself for my futur videos. I starded two years ago with a Gopro and now I manly film with my Nikon D5300. Here's the link of my latest montage, could you have a look and tell me what you think ? Thank you very much !
Martin Dufosset
link :

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: Need advice to get better
on Jun 24, 2016 at 4:11:35 am

Hello Martin,

Looking at your video, some of your opening shots move so fast that they lose the drama they might have had. For example, the drone flight through the two spires would be quite dramatic if you could use some slo-mo on it and build the feeling of flying through the spires. As it is, it happens so fast that there's no expectation nor emotion generated. That is the first thing that came to mind looking at your reel.

You have some nice stuff in there but think of how you can add some drama to your shots and edits. Drama and emotion are good. ;)

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

Return to posts index

Martin Dufosset
on Jun 24, 2016 at 11:31:17 am

Thank you for your advices ! I'll try to apply them on my next video. Thanks again !

Return to posts index

Wesley Kelemen
on Oct 27, 2016 at 2:40:09 pm

I would have to say yes the beginning shots are too fast but more importantly the music is key. The song that was chosen was bland. Choose a song you are passionate about and let the video run along the song. Hit the transitions on beat... Let the viewer feel the song in the video.

But you did a good job :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]