FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nikon D3200 - looking for an upgrade

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Cavagnero
Nikon D3200 - looking for an upgrade
on Apr 7, 2016 at 12:46:39 pm

Hello, some months ago I bought a Nikon D3200. I'm kind of a newbie, so I wanted to buy something affordable for shooting video. Now I found that annoying problem of low-light flickering which seems to plague every D3200. So I'm asking for your advice...is there a solution to this issue? (Until now I found a plugin by Digital Anarchy called "Flicker Free" which seems to work, the other solutions that I found searching on the web are not that effective IMO). Should I buy a new DSLR? I was looking for something like Nikon D5300/5500 or D7000...do they have the same flickering?

Return to posts index

Jay Kilburn
Re: Nikon D3200 - looking for an upgrade
on Apr 12, 2016 at 2:31:42 pm

If you already have Nikon glass, I would seriously consider looking at the 7000 series. I shoot a ton of video on a 5200 and while the picture looks great, the audio preamps and lack ability to adjust f stop in live view are kind of annoying.

The 5200 and 5300 are great buys and will give you great results. If you are using an external audio recorder, they are a steal at under 500 for the body. If you want a run and gun kind of deal and take your audio right into your camera however, I'd get something in the 7000 series.

As for flickering, what kind of lighting are you using? If you're dealing with lots of different types of lighting at once, you can run into flickering problems with refresh rates on the lights.

On a side note, look into the Panasonic GH4. For around a grand, you will a camera that will do some amazing things.

Return to posts index

Roberto Cavagnero
Re: Nikon D3200 - looking for an upgrade
on Apr 12, 2016 at 2:51:01 pm

What's wrong with the preamp?

For flickering I was referring to this problem: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/280/9265

This is a good example:

It seems to be a strange symptom of ISO noise...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]