FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode Buddy and AuxTC/LTConvert in Canon MKIII/DSLR Workflow

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Yee
Timecode Buddy and AuxTC/LTConvert in Canon MKIII/DSLR Workflow
on Feb 1, 2016 at 11:10:50 pm

Hi All,

Not sure how common this is, but I am trying to get timecode generated and merged onto video from my Canon MKIII.

I am using our Tascam HS-P82 audio unit to generate timecode. Then connecting that to Timecode Buddy's Wave to send signal to their TRX Mini unit which is connected into the mic input of my 5D. This has created an audio pulse on the left audio channel of my video file from the 5D. Now my problem at this point, is figuring out how to merge that audio pulse onto the video file to get the timecode that the Tascam was generating. Doing research on the forums and online told me that Video Toolshed's LTConvert (formerly AuxTC Reader), was the way to go But when I run the test file through the software (demo version), nothing happens. The raw video file clearly has the audio pulse on the left channel. So I know the signal flow is correct. It's all a matter of converting the audio pulse into timecode on the file.

I hope someone can help me with this as I'm at a complete dead end and about to go timecode bonkers. Thanks forum.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Timecode Buddy and AuxTC/LTConvert in Canon MKIII/DSLR Workflow
on Feb 18, 2016 at 11:08:39 am

I researched some time ago, and reached the conclusion that getting a better pro camera that supports recording to MXF (which supports timecode) is better than audio track time code.

I believe AVID has functions to read linear audio track TC. Maybe download a trail copy.

If you can get the 1st frame of TC, then convert the footage to .mxf format so you can set the TC data, will allow pretty much any NLE or DAW to see the TC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]