FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do i need to upgrade my camera?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giacomo Tventi
Do i need to upgrade my camera?
on Jan 24, 2016 at 12:02:35 pm

Hi guys. I'm kind of new to the forum, and i have a problem that tortured me for the past few weeks.

I've just released a new short film (no need for self-promotion, but if you want to check it out, here it is [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbN-uRk-ZA8]).

It was shot with a Nikon D3200, an awesome camera that i've been using for a short time now, and i noticed a really BIG problem.
Even with the lowest ISO settings, it's still too much noisy, and, even worse, it has a constant flicker in the dark areas of the image.

Unfortunally, i came across this problem when it was too late, and i read over the internet about how it is a characteristic problem of this camera only.

Of course, i had to use deflickering and denoising plugins, but it took me TOO LONG to render. And, in some parts, the denoising plugin made me lose some details.

Because of this, i had been thinking about getting a new camera. Now, i really don't have to make a BIG jump in price or quality, as i don't really have loads of money, so i was thinking about selling my old camera, and putting some money to buy the next model, the D3300.

I know, i know. There's not much difference. It hasn't even got a swivel display. But i noticed that the low light performance is INCREDIBLE, and, compared to some cameras, in both specs and image quality, it seems to be the better one.

What do you think? Do you reccomend it? Would you reccomend another camera?
I'm all for suggestions. So thanks for anyone who could offer some.

Thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: Do i need to upgrade my camera?
on Jan 25, 2016 at 9:15:30 pm

If you are looking for low light performance and are shooting with available light, check out the Sony A7S or A7Sll. You need an external recorder, like the Atomos Ninja Assassin, to get 4K out of the A7S, but the A7Sll has internal 4K recording.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]