FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio setup

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Jia Bao
Audio setup
on Nov 1, 2015 at 12:29:18 am

What do you recommend me to get for a good audio setup? I know good's vague but you get it. I currently have no audio equipment at all. Budget is around USD400, but I suspect I will need to spend more. I don't mind syncing audio, but I rather not do it. I'm looking to use this mic on travels and maybe some run and gun work. I have a Nikon D5300, I haven't tried but I believe it's pre amps sucks. So what do you guys advice me to get? I've posted in the Audio Professionals forum too but I've been told its better to come here for advice lol.

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Audio setup
on Nov 1, 2015 at 1:34:34 am
Last Edited By Steve Crow on Nov 1, 2015 at 1:36:04 am

For a run and gun entry level solution look at a rode video mic pro. It's going to be much better than no external mic at all but still you will want to remain close to your subject and try to minimize wind noise and other distracting sound.

Get a furry cover for the mic and make sure you are always always monitoring the sound live with headsets as you film otherwise you WILL one day regret it.

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Lee Jia Bao
Re: Audio setup
on Nov 1, 2015 at 5:56:19 am

I'm hesitant to get a Rode Videomic as it seems like many people encounter a lot of hiss connecting it directly to the DSLR, so I'm wondering if there are better choices out there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]